Rewarding Career Opportunities in Early Childhood EducationBumbleBeesRus is an early childhood education program in Brooklyn and Staten Island dedicated to providing high-quality and affordable programs for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. All childcare centers are licensed through the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene-Bureau of Childcare.
BumbleBeesRus is committed to providing a positive and professional work environment with an emphasis on teamwork. We are dedicated to providing high-quality, safe, and nurturing care for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals for the following positions:
Education Coordinator Role:
- Candidate must be experienced in developing and implementing a curriculum preferably following Creative Curriculum.
- Demonstrate great leadership that motivates Center Directors to build on their passion for educating children.
- Preferably the candidate will have knowledge and experience of Head Start or DOE requirements.
Disabilities Coordinator Role:
- Candidate must have a strong background in Special Education.
- Candidate must be familiar with services provided to children and families with disabilities.
- Adopt and maintain accurate monitoring systems.
- Must be a good communicator capable of engaging parents and staff to achieve their goals.
The candidate is required to travel between centers in Brooklyn and Staten Island as needed.
- MA degree in Special Education and NYS Teacher Certification required.
- Minimum of five years of experience both in ECE and Special Education is required.
- NYS Teaching Certification in Early Childhood Education (Birth – Grade 2), required
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
- 5 years of teaching and/or supervisory experience in ECE setting.
- Establish and maintain a healthy, safe, and fun learning /working environment.
- Work with teachers to assure that all classrooms are safe, attractive, and developmentally appropriate.
- Maintain the facility in accordance with DOH standards.
- Supervises the overall program including: office manager, teachers, teaching assistants, family workers, Custodian/Food Handler.
- Annually reviews and provides recommendations regarding personnel and operational policies and procedures.
- Familiar with Environmental Rating Scales (ECERS), assessment instruments for early childhood and childcare program quality.
- Prepare and evaluate curriculum that gives the children the basic skills they will need to enter and succeed in school.
- Informing staff of licensure requirements and policy changes through regular staff meetings.
- Executing the policies and procedures that ensure the well- being of children, such as: developmentally appropriate curriculum, positive behavior management plans and safe arrival and departure.
Certified 3K/4K Teacher
We are currently looking for passionate, energetic, and motivated certified lead teachers. Come join our family!
- BA in Early Childhood Education
- NYS Teaching Certification (Birth – 2nd Grade)
- Ensuring the health and safety of the children in the class
- Planning and implementing weekly lesson plans
- Creating weekly newsletters
- Utilizing Teaching Strategies Gold to document children’s progress
Lead Infant/Toddler Teacher
Associates in Early Childhood Education
- Child Development Associate Certificate
- Currently enrolled in college with an approved Study Plan and a minimum of 9 credits in Early Childhood Education
- High School Diploma
- Currently enrolled in college with a Department of Health approved Study Plan and a minimum of 9 credits in Early Childhood Education
- 1 year of classroom experience in a childcare program setting
- At least 21 years of age
- Create and employ curricula that will be developmentally appropriate and meets the needs of children from diverse backgrounds.
- Responsible to engineer the classroom, design it, lay it out, and managing the space in such a way as to make learning possible and probable.
- Responsible for participating with a team (i.e. teacher assistant and family worker) on a daily basis in planning curricula and adding the necessary parental contribution.
- Create and maintain relationships with every child and family and assess their needs.
- Observe children to detect signs of illness, injury, emotional disturbance, learning disorder, speech problem, or other special needs and report these signs immediately to the Center Director/ Disabilities Coordinator for needed follow-up.
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed and complies with the standards set by Creative Curriculum/ funding source of the program.
- Comply and maintain accurate data collection records for students, based on the school readiness plan.
COVID-19 considerations: Covid Vaccination is RequiredSalary is based on educational qualifications
**BumbleBeesRus is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, reasonable accommodations will be arranged for an individual with disabilities.**